15 Reasons Your Job Search May Not Be Working According to One Job Seeker
August 24, 2018
Reasons My Job Search Is Not Working:
1. My resume has generated very few interviews yet everybody tells me how good it is.
2. I am not confident in talking about myself – what do they want to know, anyway?
3. I get very anxious in telling a stranger why I have been out of work for so long.
4. I do not know a price tag for a person like myself and my negotiation skills are rusty.
5. I don’t know how job search works anymore.
6. I spend the bulk of my time on the computer with no luck.
7. I have a hard time motivating myself to meet people and do the networking thing.
8. I feel disconnected and out of it – everyone is busy at their jobs except for me.
9. I find myself easily distracted and doing other things – laundry, housework, grocery shopping, and running the kids around, instead of looking for a job.
10. My job search is haphazard, disorganized and overwhelming.
11. I have no idea what to do next; I am at a loss at to what type of job to pursue.
12. I find today’s job search frustrating and therefore, I take no action. When I looked for a job a few years ago, I found one in a couple of weeks – it was so easy then.
13. My friends and family are well-intentioned, though I now think that what they are telling me isn’t accurate.
14. I have refused to get help because I don’t want to spend the money – I am very skeptical of people like you.
15. I thought I could do this on my own – I’m intelligent, educated and have an outstanding work record. And here I am, almost eight months later, talking to you.
If you are looking for a job in today’s highly competitive market, get help immediately. Do not let month after month slide by, continuing to “go nowhere fast” (client’s words). Get help now from a career management professional. If it means that you have to pay the professional a few bucks, so be it. In the long run, you will be making money and saving money the sooner you get back to work! The small investment you make to get competent career help may be the best money you ever spent.
Article by : careerbychoiceblog.com
Image Credit : ECPS PVt. Ltd.
Exalt Consulting's Interview scheduling services helps you in fetching the right opportunities from the job market